We provide technical and commercial due diligence services for asset operators, lenders, and private equity firms for oil & gas midstream transactions and project financing. The team has evaluated deals valued at over US$5bn in Permian Basin, Western Canada, Bakken, Eagleford and other producing regions. Scope of service includes midstream system review (design, construction, regulations, operations), risk identification and quantification, business model building, economic modeling, regulatory compliance, and asset quality evaluation.
We provide technical and economic feasibility services for project developers, as well as expert witness services for law firms on construction disputes. The team has particular expertise in Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage (CCUS) project development and design.
$120M Credit Facility for Caprock Midstream’s Permian Basin Asset Expansion
- Expert opinion on asset quality – 200MMcf/d gas, crude, water gathering/disposal, 140MMcf/d gas plant in Permian Basin.
- Design/operations data review.
- Gathering and processing contract review.
- New project risk assessment including NGL takeaway, compression, and 200MMcf/d gas plant.
- Bottleneck analysis.
CDN$7.4bn Joint Venture in TransMountain Pipeline in Canada
- Expert opinion on asset quality – crude/gasoline export pipeline in Western Canada.
- Design/operations data review for existing system.
- New project risk assessment – 1150km loop pipeline expansion.
- Construction contracting strategy review.
- Tolling analysis.
- Fatal flaw analysis.
Buyside Technical Due Diligence for RMB $10bn investment in China
- Supported technical due diligence on a private investment in industrial air separation and coal gasification portfolio at 140 facility locations.
- Compiled risk analysis on design, operations, and new project development.
Technical Advisory for Department of Energy (DOE) Funding Programs
- Ongoing support on DOE funding program and proposal evaluation merit criteria.
- Advise DOE FECM and NETL on CCS/CO2 pipeline technical parameters e.g. pipeline capacity study, research topics, cost benchmarking, regulatory and permitting issues.
Horizontal Directional Drilling Litigation Support in Houston, Texas
- Expert witness for spill incident related to horizontal directional drill.
- Incident review and determination of driller’s standard of care.
“Thank you for the excellent work you did and your report provided us with the ammunition we needed to obtain a favorable resolution.” Fred S., Attorney
Development of Gas Fields on Federal Land in Utah to Extract Helium and Treat Wellhead Gas
- Built project economic model for different production and expenses, commodity prices, and technical design scenarios.
- Studied and designed takeaway pipeline and power infrastructure for treating and marketing produced gas.
- Investigated feasibility of membrane, amine, refrigeration, and adsorption technologies for bulk removal of N2 and CO2.
Business Case and Economic Modeling for Startup Venture
- Funding and market study for gas injection EOR startup in Eagleford Shale.
- Evaluation of technology and commercial risk.
- Economic modeling for business case development for investment fund raising.
Asset Acquisition Due Diligence in Permian Basin
- Evaluated quality of a target midstream asset including crude, gas, water disposal, facilities as part of bankruptcy sale.
- Reviewed gathering/processing/tolling contracts and economic terms to identify restructuring opportunities.
- Investigated asset utilization and system bottleneck for risk assessment and expansion potential.
Carbon Capture, Utilization, Storage Demonstration Project in China
- Part of an international team to advise ADB, Ministry of Environment and Ecology, and Yanchang Petroleum on the largest CCUS demo project in China involving using CO2 captured from a chemical plant for EOR.
- Technical advisory for CO2 pipeline transportation – design parameters, routing, and risk assessment methodology.
- Built business models for entire value chain from CO2 capture to EOR as part of feasibility study.
Piperazine Solvent for Carbon Capture Business Case Analysis
- Business case and economic modeling for a novel CO2 capture solvent for application at a 900MW West Texas gas-fired power plant.
Concept Design, Feasibility, Front End Development of Various CCS Projects
- Advise various CCS project developers on business case, CO2 pipeline siting and cost estimates, permitting review, and feasibility review in the U.S.